Friday, January 18, 2013

Fried Rice-Indian IStyle

Ever since I saw this ad of Bikaji bhujia where he adds the bhujia to each and everything , I've been wanting to try it out with rice. 

When I walked into the kitchen at 1 o' clock today, all I find is boiled rice and then it strikes me that Mom had told me to make some curry before she left for her Jumme Ki Namaz. This is when the remeberance of Bikaji's ad comes to my aid. Here's how I pulled it together.

The Magic Makers
Oil                                                   1tbsp
Cloves                                             3-4
Cumin Seeds                                   1tsp
Mustard Seeds                               1tsp
Asafoetida                                     a pinch
Finely Chopped Onion                 1
Finely Chopped Green Chillies    2
Turmeric Powder                        1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder                       1tsp
Salt                                               to taste
Chopped Carrots                         1/4 cup
Peas                                             1/4 cup
Boiled Rice                                 2 cups
Boondi Mixture                          1/2 cup
Sev                                              4 tbsp
Juice of 1/2 a Lime

The Prestige
Heat Oil in a pan. Throw in the cloves, Cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida. When the seeds splutter add onion and saute for a minute. Then add green chillies. Well I prefer spicy food, so I added green chillies. You might just skip it or may want to add slit green chillies instead of chopped ones. Now add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Throw in the carrots and peas and cook covered on sim till done. Now add the boiled rice and mix well. Squeeze in some lime. Before serving mix in the boondi mixture. Transfer to a plate and top with some Sev. Serve with papad.

No comments:

Post a Comment