Monday, April 15, 2013

Banana Cake

I've been meaning to try this recipe for a long time since I came across it on http://www.cookingandme.com but everytime, I wait for the bananas to ripen enough and before I realize, they've been trashed. I woke up at  3 today and there was no one at home and here I go again hunting for food. And , there in front of me lay a couple of Fully ripe bananas. And the rest of the story.......

The Magic Makers

All Purpose Flour                          1 cup
Salt                                                 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda                                  1 tsp
Very Ripe Bananas                      2,medium sized
Egg                                               1
Sugar                                           3/4 cup
Vanilla Essence                           3/4 tsp
Cream                                        1/4 cup
Cooking Butter                          2X4 piece
Oil                                              for greasing


The Prestige

My Mum always says, whenever you're making a cake, combine the dry ingredients first. So I mixed together the flour, salt and baking soda.
Now, in a food processor add the bananas and whisk till they make a smooth paste. To this, add the egg and sugar and blend till they are well combined. Now add the Vanilla essence and the cream and blend to get a smooth creamy paste. Next, add the Flour mixture and blend for about 2-3 mins making sure there are no lumps. Finally add the butter and give it another little run. The mixture has 1 string consistency.
Grease a baking mould and bake on medium heat for 20 mins. And if you can , hold yourself back, coz the aromas springing forth from the oven are just irresistible.

No comments:

Post a Comment